Monday, May 14, 2012

Beloved Books



"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down,

and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting."

~ Henry David Thoreau




"The things I want to know are in books.

My best friend is the man who'll get me a book I [haven't] read."

~ Abraham Lincoln





I must confess to a major weakness, hardcover books.




I love the smell of them and the sturdy beauty of them.




I love the care that is taken to make them.





I especially love the old, antique books with the beautiful covers.

Here in these pages you will find some of my favorites.

Are you a kindred spirit?



I do try and guard what is brought into our home.

For some inspiration on that, visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...